Each and every students of the college is required to follow the General Rules of Discipline of the college in order to maintain a healthy academic environment in the campus. Few such rules are noted below:
The student should behave in the decent manners and professional way both in the college and outside of the college to uphold the dignity of the college, as well their kin.
They should maintain silence, peace & harmony in the college campus
All students should always be present in their classes while the classes are progressing. They should not waste their time when the classes are continuing. Those found violating these conditions will face due disciplinary action.
Ragging in any form on any student inside or outside the campus is strictly prohibited, by the anti ragging Act of West Bengal Govt., MAKAUT and UGC, AICTE & PCI, New Delhi. If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the College authority, as per provision of the acts, the College authority would lodge FIR in local P.S., which will be followed by the provision of acts as laid down for ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE (ARC), and will lead to strict necessary actions as guided by the Acts and norms of AICTE, UGC, and PCI including expulsion from the college/debarring from examinations. The decision of the anti ragging/disciplinary committee regarding all the matters respectively will be final.
Students should carry their student identity and library card with them and produce the same when needed. No book will be issued from the library without valid library cards. These cards should be properly kept to prevent damages/loss. A fresh card may be issued in case of lost, with the fine as fixed up by the college authority from time to time.
Absolute silence should be maintained in the library, library book should be handled carefully and the book issued to be returned on time to keep the books on rotation. If any book is found damaged by any student the cost of book with penalty will be collected from the concerned student. In this regard they should read the library rules from the day of entry in the library of the College.
During the practical classes in the laboratory, student must put on ‘clean white aprons’ and protect their feet with shoes, student should keep their work tables neat and clean and carry out the practical systematically with proper attention. Practical’s record should be maintained affably and submitted regularly to the concern faculty of the laboratory.
Student should bring their own calculator, scale, scissors etc., to the practical classes as required and directed by the teachers.
Each and every student is required to maintain a clean & healthy environment.Spitting on the walls or chewing gums and smoking are strictly prohibited.
Each and every student should pay proper attention to safeguard the property of the college. Electrical, electric and other appliances like fans, switches, lights, instruments, equipments etc., and the furniture should be properly handled to prevent damage. Any damage caused will attract fines and the damage items will have to be replaced /repaired by the concerned individuals or by all the students of the particular batch or class as applicable.
Cycles/Scooters/Vehicles should be parked in the notified place only in the proper order and position. Improper parking will lead to disciplinary action.
The student may contact the Administrative Officer (A.O.) in case of any difficulty. They may see the Principal whenever necessary with prior appointment after discussing with the A.O. concerned.
Student should not include in any such activities that may hamper the college’s day to day work affect the reputation of the college adversely.Student should be obedient to the teachers, staff, authorities, management and maintain good rapport with staff and fellow students.
No payment should be made in any circumstances to any staff member of the college without official demand and proper receipt; unauthorized payment will lead to disciplinary action against all the parties involved.
All dues/fees must be paid within the stipulated time to avoid fines/detention etc., failure to clear the dues in time will result in removal of name from the rolls. Re-admission may be considered on payment of re-admission fees of Rs 5000/-(Five thousand) only. The deadlines for such payment without fine are month of July & January respectively odd and even semesters.
Student should appear all the examinations as the centers/places as fixed by the University on their won arrangement of travel, lodging and boarding etc., if so required.
Strict discipline should be observed in all the examination including the class test. Violation of examination rules and discipline shall lead to disciplinary action that may involve debarring the candidate from appearing at the examinations or rustication forms the college.
Parents are required to see that their ward attend classes and examinations regularly. They are required to attend the parents-college authority meeting regularly, as per notification.
Attending in additional English classes in schedule semester / soft skills development are mandatory and students having poor English proficiency and not attended additional classes regularly, may face placement difficulties, college shall not assist such students in getting placement.
Other general rules of discipline as applicable to educational institution shall be applicable in addition to the above mentioned rules of the college.
FOR OTHER INFORMATION:-
FOLLOW THE NOTICE BOARD REGULARLY
Students are require to switch off their Mobile Phone in the Class room
WARNING: COLLEGE PREMISES IS UNDER 24 HOUR CCIV SURVEILLANCE
The students are strictly required to attend the college in prescribed uniform only, violation of which will attract disciplinary actions. The dress codes for boys are light blue shirt, navy blue trouser, matching neck-tie and black shoes. The same for girls are sky blue kameez and navy blue salwar or navy blue pants and sky –blue shirt. The student can get them tailored /stitched from the college approved suppliers for the sake of uniformity & less expenses.
Departure from the campus:
Students are not allowed to go out of the college campus during college hours. However, under pressing situations or for valid reasons, concerned students can go out of the campus gate after obtaining permission in written issued by the principal’s office with consent of the parents.
Attendance as prescribed in the guidelines of MAKAUT & PCI of for both in theory, tutorial, and practical classes, are mandatory for all as per university rules.
Discontinuation of students in case of transfer:
If any students opt for discontinuation of his / her studies, he/she must clear up his / her tuition and other fees for all the four years or remaining year(s) till the completion of the course. Only on payment of the balance tuition and other fees, he / she would be released from the course. Apart from that he /she required to give declaration in the specific format that he / she has no claim to the seat, in any circumstance in future and payment made would be forfeited.
USERS OF THE LIBRARY SHOULD STRICTLY FOLLOW THE RULES AS BELOW
1) Student can take 6 books by using his/her LENDING CARD for FIFTEEN DAYS only. He/ She must return the book on the schedule day; otherwise authority will charge the fine @ RS.2/- PER DAY (excluding Saturday, Sunday, Govt. holidays, off days of semester examination, theory and practical both and some special issues, like bandh, teachers day, rainy day etc).
2) The fines for the torn of the page and damage of the cover of the issued books are Rs 60/- and Rs.80/- respectively.
3) Faculties can take 6 books by using TWO cards at a time for 15 days only. If possible his/her books will be renewed for next seven days. Otherwise authority will face problem for rotation of books. Their co-operation in this respect is very essential and expected.
4) Any one may Xerox the books or journal by submitting requisition to library. User will collect Xeroxed copies from xerography section.
5) Use the computers for internet surfing with the REFERENCE LIBRARY CARD only. Maintain the LOG BOOK of Main and E-library properly.
? Take entry in the library with his or her REFERENCE LIBRARY CARD.
? Use the reading table and reference stack with the REFERENCE LIBRARY CARD only.
? Keep bag in the allotted zone.
? Collect their FINE BILLS from library between 11:00A.M. and 2:00 P.M.
? Check the books properly before leaving the circulation table and to inform the staff if any problem.
? Switched off mobile in the library room.
? Submit requisition slip by USING CATALOGUE CARD. (In this case librarian will help the users to accustom with the system.)
? Use the waste paper box. Keep the library clean and quite.
? Can take the books for puja vacation, but they have to submit the books on the schedule return date.
? Can use library as usual at the time of victim & MAKAUT exam.
? Don’t make noise in the library room.
? Don’t use the issued books for Xerox.
? Don’t touch books without authority’s permission.
? Don’t mark on the pages of issued books.
General Rules and Regulations FOR LIBRARY READING ROOM
The following rules and regulations must be maintained in the library READING premises. The students are advised to go through these rules before using the READING ROOM
1. Library is a open access library, i.e. students is permitted to enter inside the stack room.
2. DO NOT enter the reading section with your baggage. Keep them in the wooden shelves at the Gate Counter.
3. Library reading room remains open from 09:15 am to 05:30 pm on every working day.
4. Open Access is for your convenience. DO NOT misplace the books while selecting from the shelves. After consulting books DO NOT shuffle them but place them in PROPER PLACE. Remember book hiding and misplacing are punishable offence.
5. The books marked as “FOR READING ROOM ONLY” and periodicals (both journals and magazines) are meant only for reading consultation inside READING ROOM ONLY, cannot be taken out.
6. You will be allowed to take maximum FIVE BOOKS at a time for study in the Reading Room.
7. After taking a book from Reading Room shelf, make an entry at the Reading Room Counter by depositing the ID card.
8. Do not scatter the pages of newspaper when reading.
9. DO NOT misplace books while selecting from the shelves. After consulting books return them at the counter.
10. Silence must be maintained inside the library. Chatting or gossiping and loitering in the library are strictly prohibited.
11. Two library cards will be issued to the students, reading card, and lending card. The students will have to submit the reading card for using library reading room.
12. Books and other documents will be issued to the students for reading purpose on producing respective library cards. No books will be issued to them without proper library cards.
13. Students must not leave any book, borrowed for reading purpose on the reading desks. They must submit the books in the circulation counter before leaving the library.
14. Mobile phones should be kept in silent mode inside the reading room. Attending phone calls inside the reading room is strictly prohibited.
15. Playing songs or movies or videos in laptops / mobiles / iPods etc. in the library is strictly prohibited.
16. Chairs and reading desks must be kept in their proper places.
17. Any kind of misbehavior or unfair activities inside the library will be strictly dealt with.
Time table for library:
Details of Library works and Time schedule
Reading Room 9:15 A.M. TO 5:30 P.M.
Submits the Requisition Slip 9:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M. (Every Day)
Books Return Time 9:30 A.M. TO 12:30 P.M. & 2:00 P.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
Books Issue Time 1:00 P.M. TO 5:30 P.M.
Fine bill Collection From Library 10:30 A.M. TO 2:00 P.M.