BCDA College of Pharmacy & Technology (BCDA CPT) Hridaypur, a name, a choice, a proud place, created lots of pride.
The journey began on the 5th August 2006 officially as a brain child of BCDA Members Benevolent Trust, in view of the “Service to Humanity”, and fully from philanthropic view point, with Bachelor of Pharmacy program, and it has recently got approval for Master of Pharmacy program in addition to 100 intakes in Bachelor of Pharmacy.
This of course also has fulfilled the cherished dream of their few predecessors and aspiration of odd 35000 members.
The College believe in quality education and always strive hard to cater outcome based education system. With the all cooperation of all concerns, and our dedicated faculty members, our students have shown their quality at different level of regular and competitive examinations including GPAT, PGET etc., within this span of time due to our timely efforts in all students’ affairs.
Very well discipline culture, obedience attitude and punctuality, are the other features for achieving the present status as a reputed institution and among the best choice institutes to students of pharmacy stream.
The College is governed by a group of luminary academician, administrator, and medical professionals, which were the force behind for giving it’s the classic shape in reaching the present grade.
BCDA College of Pharmacy & Technology has a vision for global acclamation and it had very rightly chosen a group of young, well qualified talented and dynamic faculty members of which at the helm is an experienced Principal for coordinating the vision, mission and program objectives.
The concept clicked very successfully and students of BCDA CPT are ranked in MAKAUT from the first batch onwards, awarded gold medals, silver and bronze medals almost all the academic years.
Not only awarding scholarship for higher studies in abroad countries like USA, Canada, Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Israel and for further studies, in France, Italy, Australia, Singapore, but also creates the opportunity for admission for higher studies in very prestigious university like NIPER at different venue, JU, BHU, HS Gour University, Punjab University, BPUT etc through GPAT.
BCDA CPT an also placed very well, in pharmaceutical production houses, Pharmacovigillance, sales and marketing including huge number of Govt. jobs in recent years as its objective towards multiple departments.
The institute is also fortunate enough that it always gets talented students of multi sphere, and thrust them for multiple spheres, so as to be the sphere made by the faculty members of our College.
The institute is well praised by the all apex bodies for its control and dedicated students’ centric academic culture.
We are proud of, like to be proud forever, with an oath of making the institute praise worthy through generating more and more genius and talent for the society.
Bengal Chemists & Druggists Association (B.C.D.A.) established in 1921; is the oldest organization in the trade of medicine in India. It has approximately 32,000 members in all over West Bengal and the motto of the organization is “Service to Humanity”. Since its inception in 1921, under the Companies Act 1913, the association is providing consistent service to the society & its members, which provided an opportunity to the BCDA authority to understand scarcity of qualified pharmacist in the areas like medical shop, community & hospital services, nursing homes, clinical pharmacies etc. and also realized that the number of pharmacists catering in West Bengal are not enough. To face challenges ahead in the profession of pharmacy and also to fulfill the cherished dream of few predecessors, BCDA ventured to start a pharmacy college under its own management and founded BCDA Members Benevolent Trust.
BCDA Members Benevolent Trust is a duly registered organization, by the competent Authority. The motto of the trust is “upgrading of pharmacy profession” West Bengal in particular and India in general. Based on the above motto, BCDA Members Benevolent Trust established “BCDA College of Pharmacy & Technology” in 2006, at 78, Jessore Road(S), Hridaypur, Barasat, Kolkata-700127, fully from philanthropic view point. The college got due affiliation from Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (M.A.K.A.U.T.) and approval from Pharmacy Council of India (P.C.I) New Delhi, with an intake capacity of 100. The second venture of the BCDA is the “BCDA College of Pharmacy & Technology, 2nd Campus” at Madhyamgram, Kolkata- 700129.
To emerge as a renowned pharmacy institute carving the youth as competent, valued, ethical entrepreneur and self-reliant pharmacist of global repute for the wellbeing of the humanity.
To become a leading pharmaceutical institute of higher learning.
To make our students competent with high ethical standards to serve the mankind.
To inculcate entrepreneurship by providing industry-institute interaction.
To be the interface between industry, academics and healthcare system.
Students- “Why BCDA College of Pharmacy & Technology, Hridaypur, Barasat?”
The College is the oldest one in Barasat, the head quarter of district 24 PGS north which is well connected with Kolkata and its surrounding in one way and rest of the district 24 PGS north, Nadia on the other way, which makes it most time saving and easiest communication towards the college. Besides the above, we have-
• Top Class faculty: Be taught and mentored by faculty members who are outstanding teachers and internationally-recognized researchers. They are very caring in teaching-learning systems, both general and tutorial classes. Faculty members are having their research publications, in national and international journals, published books. Few faculty members are attached with different prestigious editorial boards of different national and international journals.
• Smart class room base teaching: Modern teaching –learning process are being adopted and used as per requirement and convenient of content / topics
• Best academic environment: The College has always tried and implemented the best academic environment in college campus. The 'ideal' academic environment may be defined as one that best prepares students for their future professional life and contributes towards their personal development, psychosomatic and social well-being. A number of diverse factors significantly influence the way students perceive and experience their education.
Special cares are taken for development of soft skills from the beginning of the academic session in addition to prescribed curricula.
• Global acknowledgment: A good number of students have joined to the different world class university with full scholarships of that particular university / government of that particular country, for post graduation program, after their graduation at our college. Our students have been enrolled in the China Pharmaceutical University, China, Korean University South Korea, Hong Kong Polytechnic University Hong Kong, University of Jerusalem, Israel, Taiwan Medical University, Singapore University, University of Salerno, Italy, Creighton University, USA, Jiao Tong University Hong Kong, Hanseo University, South Korea, St. Johns University USA, Korea University South Korea, Washington State University USA, etc.
• Enrich library: The library has very rich collection of books and journals related to pharmacy & allied health sciences. In library, at present there are requisite numbers of books as per norms of apex bodies, with requisite number of titles. Books are published by the renowned Indian and overseas publishers. More than fifteen numbers of National & International journals have enriched the library as regular subscriptions. Apart from issuing of books for residents, reading room facilities are also provided for instant and general reference as per college rules. The College is providing E-Library & E-Journals facilities for students, faculties & all concern. The College is providing Wi-Fi facilities for students, faculties & all concern also.
• Caring management: The BCDA Members Benevolent Trust has given the top priority in the teaching- learning process, and have appointed adequate number of teaching faculties as prescribed by the norms of the Pharmacy Council of India, and there was no deficiency at any point of time since establishment. Another significant approach taken by trust is career building of the students and arranged the GPAT coaching for all of our students for facilitating towards higher education, grooming classes for arranging better placement through in or off campus interview, other than soft skill development through additional English classes out of MAKAUT course curricula.
• Helpful office staffs: Employees, who take responsibility for their actions, are dependable, arrive on time, do what they say, and don't let the others in their team down, and are highly valued employees.
• Student friendly campus: We declare that our Campus is a place where environmental friendly practices and education combined to promote sustainable and eco-friendly practices in the campus.
• Well arranged security measures: The College managed one way entry till end of the classes of the particular academic year and no student is permitted to exit without the parents request over phone.